Prof. Marcus Maurer
Prof. Dr. med. Marcus Maurer, MD
Welcome to my homepage!
My name is Prof. Dr. Maurer, and I am Professor of Dermatology and Allergy and the executive Director of the Institute of Allergology at the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin. I am also the Co-Director of Allergology and Immunology at the Fraunhofer Institute for Translational Medicine and Pharmacology ITMP.
Here, you will find information about me and my research and scientific and clinical activities. You can search my publications and learn about the networks and cooperation I am involved in. Please do use the contact option to reach out to me, I am looking forward to hearing from you.
- Professor of Dermatology and Allergy and the executive Director of the Institute of Allergology at the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Co-Director of Allergology and Immunology of the Fraunhofer Institute for Translational Medicine and Pharmacology ITMP
- Scientific and clinical focus: Mast Cells, Urticaria, Mastocytosis, Pruritus and Angioedema
Life stages in brief
- Medical School, University of Mainz and Berlin
- Postdoctoral research in experimental pathology at the Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston (1995-98)
- Board certification for Dermatology (2000) and Allergology (2003)
- Habilitation (2003): “Why do we have mast cells?“ at the University of Mainz
- >660 publications in peer-reviewed journals
- 51 books and book chapters
- Cumulative IF for original publications in peer-reviewed journals: 3784,58
- Cumulative IF for reviews in peer-reviewed journals: 1064,33
- Cumulative IF of publications (original work & reviews) in peer-reviewed journals: 4848,91
- Total number of citations: 31392, h-index: 90 (Web of Science December 2022)